In 2017, education.nsw.gov.au will become the new home for the NSW Department of Education.
Education.nsw.gov.au will become the single destination for education in NSW. It will cover children aged 0 to 18, teachers, corporate staff, parents and carers, and the community. It will integrate both public and staff only content.
Since 2015, we have worked to consolidate some 200 websites to a one location to create a single source of truth with up-to-date and findable content.
This work includes:
- creating a mobile-friendly experience – for users on the go
- ensuring WCAG 2.0 AA compliance – accessible content for all users
- moving to a supported platform – Squiz Matrix
- simplifying the login experience to a single URL
- streamlining the look and feel to create a single identity for all of the department.