How might we questions
This team exercise shows you how to frame your challenge as a question so you're more likely to find an innovative solution.
We use the How might we format because it suggests a solution is possible and provides an opportunity that it can be achieved in a number of ways.
What you'll need
- Time: 30-90 minutes
- People: Project owner and team
- Material: Jobs to be done, blockers, drivers, pens, sticky notes
Select the jobs to be done, blockers and drivers to focus on. This may require a short prioritisation or more in-depth quantitative study. The highest-priority blockers and drivers should be presented at the top of the list.
Rephrase them as questions by following these guidelines:
- How might we alleviate [blocker] to help teachers [job to be done]?
- How might we [driver] to help teachers [job to be done]?
- How might we [job to be done] to help teachers [overarching job to be done]?
The goal is to create opportunities so suggesting several How might we questions is recommended.
Ensure your How might we question is broad enough to allow for a variety of solutions. The ideal question will provide a narrow enough framework to start your brainstorm, as well as enough room to explore a range of ideas.
Select an ideation method suitable to your project and stage.
Want to know more?
Email us at email@example.com.