Contacts for support
Contact details for relevant authorities
- NSW Police
- If it is an emergency, call 000
- If you are unsure if it is a criminal matter, you can call the Police Assistance Line on 131 444
- Child Protection (ChildStory – Department of Communities and Justice)
- Call the Child Protection Helpline on 132 111
- Make an eReport through the ChildStory Reporter website.
- NSW Department of Education
- Contact the Information and Enquiries team on 1800 619 113 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- NSW Office of the Children’s Guardian (Reportable Conduct Scheme)
- Contact the Reportable Conduct Enquiries Line on (02) 8219 3800 or at email@example.com
24 hour services
- NSW Police Child Abuse and Sex Crimes Squad was established to ensure provision of a specialist sexual assault response to support Police Area Commands across NSW.
- In an emergency, call 000
- Kids Helpline offers free, confidential 24/7 online and phone counselling for young people aged 5 to 25 years.
- Call 1800 55 1800
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lifeline provides Australians experiencing emotional distress with access to 24 hour crisis support and suicide prevention services.
- Call 13 11 14
- National Sexual Assault, Domestic Family Violence Counselling Service provides a free counselling service available 24/7 via phone or webchat for victims of sexual assault or domestic family violence.
- Call 1800 737 732 (1800RESPECT)
Counselling and support organisations
- Family Connect and Support helps to bring together families, support services and community resources in NSW to ensure the safety and wellbeing of children.
- Visit the Family Connect and Support website to find a local provider.
- Further support organisations are listed here.
- Child Wise is Australia's international child protection charity committed to the prevention and reduction of sexual abuse and exploitation of children around the world.
- Call 1800 991 099
- Aboriginal Family Violence and Legal Services provides assistance to victims of family violence and sexual offending and work with families and communities affected by violence.
- Call 1800 105 303
- Blue Knot Foundation offers a helpline to connect with a counsellor if you have experienced childhood trauma including for support and applications around national redress.
- Call 1300 657 380
- Email email@example.com
- National Redress Scheme offers free support for people who have experienced institutional child sexual abuse, with information on NSW redress support services.
- Call 1800 737 377
- Bravehearts is a national Information and Support Line that can be accessed by anyone wanting information or support relating to child sexual assault and exploitation.
- Call 1800 272 831