The department has partnered with Kids and Traffic to develop resources to guide and assist NSW services in implementing best practice in the safe transportation of children.
Kids and Traffic is the NSW Early Childhood Road Safety Education Program. It forms part of the statewide road safety education program of Transport for NSW.
The resources will assist you to:
- Improve your understanding of, and compliance with, transport-related regulatory requirements, under both the NQF and NSW legislation.
- Drive quality improvement in your service’s transport practices, in line with best practice guidelines
- Make practical improvements to your existing policies, procedures and risk assessments for transportation and excursions involving transport
- Understand where to seek additional information and assistance on transport and road safety.
Access the resources below or on Kids and Traffic’s website.
- Guidance on understanding safe transport and travel requirements for education and care services (PDF, 4MB)
- Sample safe transportation of children policy and procedures (PDF, 1MB)
- Sample safe transport checklist (PDF, 411KB)
- Transport safety risk assessment and management guide, including sample risk assessments (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Advice for working with children, families, schools and communities (PDF, 2MB)