The Outdoor Learning Portal, developed with Early Childhood Australia, contains resources to support NSW services to create rich outdoor learning spaces and ensure children engage in meaningful learning when outside.
The portal comprises a video, modules (including a NESA accredited module), e-books, articles and information sheets.
The portal aims to:
- promote the benefits of outdoor learning possibilities for children’s learning, development and mental wellbeing
- provide practical guidance to support educators’ reflective practice on their use and intentional design of outdoor environments
- encourage services’ continuous quality improvement in educational program and practice, including outdoor educational program
- emphasise links between outdoor education, quality areas 1 and 3, and the approved learning frameworks.
The portal is available until 9 September 2021.
Portal login details
- Portal web address: http://www.earlychildhoodaustralia.org.au/bespoke/nswece/
- Username: NSWEducator
- Password: Res0urceP0rt@!
- Please enter your service’s postcode.