Professional development grants
To help ensure ECE staff are supported in career upskilling, the department has launched the Early Childhood Professional Development Grants program.
The grants are designed to help staff working in centre based and mobile preschools to access the latest learning opportunities.
Murray Burke, Manager, Strategic Projects, said the grants will support the growth of professional knowledge and skills needed to ensure the delivery of quality early childhood education.
"All centre based preschool and mobile preschool staff – including educators, teachers, directors and administrators – should consider how they might make best use of a grant.
"Applicants are encouraged to explore options such as attending courses and conferences or participating in online training and forums," Mr Burke said.
Individual grants are valued between $1,500 and $2,500.
To be eligible to apply for a professional development grant, service providers must:
- operate a mobile or centre-based community preschool service with a valid service approval
- be funded under the NSW Government's Early Childhood Education Preschool Funding Grants program
Priority is given to applications which are:
- contributing to teacher accreditation
- supporting progression of assessment and rating under National Quality Standards
- providing opportunities for Aboriginal educators
- creating shared learning, such as peer-to-peer and whole-of-service development
- from services receiving Service Safety Net funding.
Applications close on November 10.
Category: October 2017,