Annual Preschool Census
Every August all NSW Government-funded community preschools must complete the early childhood education annual preschool census. This page details how and when services complete the census.
2020 census: key dates
Before 20 July
- Ensure you have a myGovID account and can log in to ECCMS.
- Make sure your details (main, contact and address) are up to date at both:
- the Service Provider level
- the Funding Specifications level.
20 July - 28 August
- Enter your service's census data in ECCMS.
- Ensure your service's data is accurate and submitted by Friday August 28.
3 August - 14 August
- This is the representative fortnight for the census.
- It encompasses 10 days and provides a snapshot of preschool operations.
- Include all children enrolled and all staff employed at your service during this period.
How to get help
Entering data into ECCMS
- Read the tips in:
- the Annual Preschool Census - Quick Reference Guide in the resources box below.
- Contact the department's data collection helpline by:
- calling 1300 951 381
- emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Logging into ECCMS and funding queries
- Contact our Information and Enquiries team by:
- calling 1300 755 426
- emailing email@example.com.
We collect and manage census data in conjunction with The Centre for Education Statistics and Evaluation.
We use the data for government reporting purposes and to calculate service funding.