Supporting Aboriginal children
Resources for services which provide education and care to Aboriginal children. We developed these resources in partnership with the Secretariat of National Aboriginal and Islander Child Care (SNAICC).
- review and consider the National Quality Framework (NQF) in a way that's more relevant to services which provide:
- education and care to Aboriginal children
- support to these children’s families and communities
- give ongoing guidance and reference for services implementing the NQF into daily practice
- are available to all service providers and early childhood education staff.
Running a deadly service
Culture and the National Quality Framework
- Checklist of obligations under the National Quality Framework (PDF, 457KB)
- Getting to know the National Quality Framework (PDF, 665KB)
- A refresh on the National Quality Framework: tool for educators (PDF, 658KB)
Providing a deadly service for our Jarjums
- Providing a deadly service for our Jarjums/Boori: quality improvement workbook (PDF, 1.3MB)
- What does the National Quality Framework mean for our children? (PDF, 566KB)
Grants and funding
Information to support families
We've produced a flyer you can give to parents and carers which:
details the importance of early childhood education for Aboriginal children
gives tips on settling our Jarjums back into preschool during COVID-19.
Download the flyer: It's important our Jarjums continue to learn and grow (PDF, 477KB)