Flood information and resources
Important information for early childhood education and care services that have been impacted by flooding and other issues related to heavy rainfall.
If your service has been affected by flooding or other issues related to heavy rainfall and you need to close you should notify the Regulatory Authority by lodging an incident report through NQA ITS.
If you are unable to access NQA ITS you can notify the Department?s Early Childhood Education Directorate information and enquiries team by:
- Phone: 1800 619 113 (toll-free)
- Fax: 02 8633 1810
- Email: email@example.com
Flood preparation and response
Other support may be available to you, for example, if you need urgent waivers relating to staffing or space, you should contact the Department for assistance. The Department may also be able to assist with emergency placements in the event that services are unable to operate and families require urgent care.
We have developed a resource to give further information about appropriate flood preparation and response. As with all emergency situations you should always follow the directions of your local emergency services and ensure you keep up-to-date with information about the situation in your local area.
- Bureau of Meteorology website - for up-to-date information about the weather in your area.
- Flood warning system - the Bureau has set up a flood watch for your local area.
- SES - publishes current warnings and provides information and advice about staying safe in a flood.
- General information - what to do before and after a flood.
- Health and safety