The Mobile fund supports mobile services to replace existing vehicles to ensure continuity of service delivery and/or to purchase additional vehicles to cater for increased demand.
Maintaining or increasing the number of enrolments, days, or hours a mobile service operates is an expected outcome of a Mobile grant.
Mobile grants must also contribute to the following objectives:
- maximise the number of preschool places available for preschool-aged children to attend at least 600 hours per year or 15 hours per week of quality preschool education.
- ensure the continued operation of the service to deliver preschool places throughout the four-year compliance period.
- support ongoing management of the service in line with applicable regulatory requirements.
The 2022/23 Mobile Fund will be open from 6 February to 2 April 2023
The Mobile Fund under the Start Strong Capital Works Grants Program is separate from the Department of Education’s Mobile Preschool Funding Program, which provides funding for the provision of preschool education delivered for the 2 years before school to children enrolled in mobile preschools in regional and remote NSW.
Who is eligible
To be eligible for funding applicants must:
- be registered or incorporated in Australia; and,
- be a not-for-profit organisation or association, or a local government entity; and,
- operate an existing mobile preschool service as an Approved Provider with a valid Service Approval; and
- be funded by the NSW Department of Education as a mobile preschool.
For-profit organisations are not eligible to apply for a Mobile Capital Fund grant.
Comprehensive information regarding eligibility and application requirements can be found in the Mobile Fund Program Guidelines.
How do I apply?
Mobile grants will be awarded through a competitive assessment process and assessed individually against the eligibility and selection criteria.
Applications must be submitted via SmartyGrants by an authorised officer.
Before submitting your application, it is recommended that you review the following resources: