Minor Capital Fund
The Start Strong Capital Works Grants Program improves access to preschool by creating additional community preschool places in areas of need and demand across the state.
The Minor Capital Works Fund supports smaller-scale extensions or renovations and the recalculation of unencumbered space where it will result in an increase in community preschool places. The maximum grant amount is $100,000 (ex GST).
Minor Capital Works grants can be used to:
- Extend or renovate existing centre-based community preschools where it will result in an increase in community preschool places.
- Engage a certified building practitioner to re-calculate unencumbered space where it will result in an increase in community preschool places.
Applications are open from 8 September 2021 until 22 October 2021.
How to apply
Application submissions are open from 8 September 2021 until 22 October 2021.
Minor Capital Works grants will be awarded through a competitive assessment process and assessed individually against the eligibility and selection criteria.
Applications must be submitted online via SmartyGrants by an authorised officer.
Please read through the Fund Guidelines, Application Guide, and Frequently Asked Questions before applying.
Who is eligible
To be eligible for funding applicants must:
- be registered or incorporated in NSW;
- be a not for profit organisation or association, or a local government entity; and
- operate an existing community preschool service as an Approved Provider with a valid Service Approval.
For-profit organisations cannot apply for a Minor Capital Works grant.
Comprehensive information regarding eligibility and application requirements can be found in the Fund Guidelines.