Major Capital Fund
The Start Strong Capital Works Grants Program improves access to preschool by creating additional community preschool places in areas of need and demand across the state.
The Major Capital fund creates additional community preschool places through new builds, extensions and renovations of centre-based community preschools in areas of need and demand.
Expressions of interest are open from 29 September 2021 until 4 March 2022.
Submit an expression of interest
Expression of interest can be submitted between 29 September 2021 and 4 March 2022.
Expressions of interest are submitted online via SmartyGrants, and will be assessed progressively over this period.
Applications will be competitively assessed in two stages:
- Stage 1 - Expression of interest (shortlisted applicants will be invited to progress to Stage 2)
- Stage 2 – Invitation to apply
Applications for both stages must be submitted via SmartyGrants by an authorised officer.
Please read through the Fund Guidelines, Application Guide, and Frequently Asked Questions before submitting your expression of interest.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for funding applicants must:
- be registered or incorporated in NSW;
- be a not for profit organisation or association, or a local government entity; and
- operate or intend to operate a community preschool service as an Approved Provider with a valid Service Approval.
For-profit organisations cannot apply for a Major Capital Works grant.
Comprehensive information regarding eligibility and application requirements can be found in the Fund Guidelines.