The department has partnered with Service NSW to make improvements to the way visitors and contractors sign in at schools.
Integrating the Service NSW app and web form with the department’s newly created digital logbook, School Check-in provides an easy and secure digital sign-in experience at schools.
The contents and instructions on this page are for participating pilot schools only.
Roles and responsibilities
- Ensure you and your school administrative manager (SAM) are familiar with the resources on this page.
- Ensure appropriate access to the School Check-in Logbook is delegated to your School Administrative Manager (SAM) and relevant School Administrative Officer (SAO) as appropriate. Access should be restricted to staff that needs it. See providing school staff with access (DOCX 469 KB) for instructions.
School Administration Managers
- Ensure you and your school administrative staff are familiar with the resources on this page and that appropriate SAOs have access to the School Check-in Logbook.
- Keep spare copies of the downloadable resources on this page in an easy to access file location on your school’s Onedrive and confirm these arrangements with SAOs.
Your school's QR code
Download supporting resources
The following resources are intended to support the use of the School Check-in system at schools. These documents are subject to change. An email will be sent to the school's email address to advise of changes when required.
- Communications for school use (DOCX 70.76 KB) - this is a guide only and can be tailored to suit local school context.
- Daily guide for schools (DOCX 52.8 KB) - this document is a guide to help schools with the daily routine of setting up and closing down the School Check-in system.
- Use the Manage Staff Access - user guide (DOCX 2.8 MB) to add and remove delegates from your school's logbook.
- Logging in to the School Check-in Logbook (DOCX 1.11 MB) - provides instructions for how to log in to the School Check-in Logbook.
- School Check-in way-finder A4 poster (PDF 95.9 KB) - to be placed where visitors and contractors are likely to enter the school to direct them to check in at the front office.
- School Check-in visitor pass (PDF 170 KB) - to be issued to visitors and contractors after they have checked in.
- School visitor user experience scenarios (DOCX 1.6 MB).
- For print - School sign-in sheet (PDF 112 KB) - to be used as back up in the event of a system outage.
- Troubleshooting and escalation (PDF 229 KB) - this is a quick guide for troubleshooting and also provides contact details for additional support.