Working with Children Check
On 1 April 2017 your current Working with Children Check (WWCC) will expire. To continue to be eligible to work for the Assisted School Travel Program (ASTP) you need to update to the new Working with Children Check from the Office of the Children’s Guardian.
To make sure that you are eligible to work in 2017, you need to complete the following by 31 October 2016:
- Apply online for a WWCC number from the Office of the Children’s Guardian. An application costs $80.00. All Department of Education staff are responsible for paying the fee. This WWCC lasts for 5 years.
- Complete two forms for the Department of Education :
- National Police Checking Service (NPCS) Application consent form (PDF 418 KB)
- Declaration for child-related work - National Criminal Records Check form (PDF 451 KB)
- a copy of your WWCC letter showing your clearance number
- your 100 points of identity
- the 2 completed forms consenting to police and criminal records checks
You must complete these steps no later than 31 October 2016. This date allows time for the department’s probity unit to process your documents and ensure your clearance to work prior to the start of rollover at the end of the school year.
31 October 2016
Last day to provide WWCC documentation to ASTP.
1 April 2017
Date for all ATSOs working for ASTP to be cleared to work and have a WWCC from the Office of the Children’s Guardian.
Please contact the Office of the Children’s Guardian if you have any questions or concerns about obtaining a WWCC.
Thank you for helping to provide safe transport for students with disability.