The School Measurement, Assessment and Reporting Toolkit (SMART) provides feedback and data analysis for the National Assessment Program – Literacy and Numeracy (NAPLAN), Higher School Certificate (HSC) and Validation of Assessment for Learning and Individual Development (VALID) to NSW participating schools and their communities.
Principals or delegated officers provide and maintain staff access to the toolkit.
- provide staff access to SMART data through the Access Management Utility (AMU)
- ensure only current teaching staff have access to the school's data.
- log in to the portal to access SMART through 'My Applications'.
- provide provisioning rights (PDF 344.9KB) to a nominated person through the AMU
- set the date for 12 months when adding new staff or extending expiry dates of existing staff.
- log in to the Department of Education extranet portal and access the SMART icon.
Instructions to renew/reactivate your account
When your Department of Education account is due to expire in 7 days, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not reply to this email.
As soon as you receive this email please contact your relevant support team to renew your account.
|Staff account access||Principal account access|
|Please see your school principal (or their authorised delegate)|
Please contact your relevant support team:
If your SMART application does not load, enable your Compatibility View Settings via the Tools menu.
NAPLAN 2016 results
The NAPLAN data for 2016 is now available in SMART. Note – growth data for writing is unavailable in 2016 due to the change in text type.