Supplier Communication Guidelines
All communication with schools must demonstrate a benefit to the school, be short and to the point.
When communicating with schools and corporate staff, it’s recommended you include the following information:
- a “how to order” statement for your products. If in doubt, consult with the department’s Contract Services team
- the start and end date of any advertised promotion
- pricing information
- where to find more information.
All communication relating to the contract needs to be approved by the Contract Services team. Please allow at least 5 business days’ notice for a response.
DoE logo usage
Approved suppliers are not able to use the department’s logo unless it is a joint communication approved by Contract Services.
If you are issuing a joint communication, you must follow the style guidelines and logo instructions.
The Contract Services team must approve any communication to schools before it is distributed.
DoE approved supplier logo
The department does not have a logo specifically for display by suppliers on its contracts.
New contracts are promoted through the department’s internal channels such as the intranet, online catalogues, newsletters and emails.
When communicating with schools, only use logos specific to the service or product you are contracted to provide.
Approved supplier statement
Approved suppliers with current contracts may use the below statement to communicate with schools and corporate offices:
“[Supplier name] is an approved supplier for the NSW Department of Education, under the [name of the contract].”
This statement is only to be used when communicating with schools about the products and services under the awarded contract, and for the period an organisation is contracted to supply to the department.
The statement and department logo should not be used:
- on the home page of your website
- as a linking icon to another web page
- in general publications, advertisements or other marketing material that does not include or relate to the contracted items
- in generic marketing or printing materials, such as letterheads, business cards, promotional items or vehicle signage
- on an email signature
- Or when your organisation has stopped supplying the department.
Department of Education content style guide
The Department of Education content style guide is the central source for all department websites and publications, including school websites and publications. Please refer to this and ensure that you follow all guidelines relating to style and use of the logo.
For more information, please contact the Department of Education Contract Services team or EDConnect on 1300 32 32 32 (option 4).