Excellence in curriculum implementation
Effective curriculum implementation drives student growth and attainment, and school improvement. New syllabuses provide schools with a unique opportunity to re-focus and place curriculum at the heart of school planning.
Curriculum reform involves change that spans many aspects of schooling, including teaching, learning, assessment and reporting to parents. New syllabuses provide schools with a unique opportunity to re-focus and place curriculum at the heart of school planning.
The phases of curriculum implementation
The following phases of curriculum implementation can be used to guide and align curriculum reform to school planning:
- Engage – explore aspects of the new syllabus to identify and plan for changes required for successful curriculum implementation
- Enact – teach, assess and report using the new syllabus and evaluate to refine new practices and systems
- Embed – strengthen and scale to ensure sustainable practices and systems.
Curriculum implementation support
For comprehensive information and support on school planning for curriculum implementation, select the links below for:
- Advice on aligning curriculum implementation to the Strategic Improvement Plan (SIP).
- Support for planning in the Engage phase of curriculum implementation and the development of implementation and progress monitoring (IPM)
- Support for school planning and IPM in the Enact phase of curriculum implementation.
- Support for school planning and IPM in the Embed phase of curriculum implementation.