Improve school performance and student outcomes
What’s under way?
- Rolling out new school-level student improvement targets to strengthen line-of-sight to outcomes
- Implementing a new school planning process with tight links to evidence and performance
- Tailoring support to level of need and type of school
- Redesigning Local Schools, Local Decisions to better support effective decision-making and accountability
- Decluttering the curriculum
- Implementing the disability strategy
Staying on track
- Public school students achieving expected growth in reading and numeracy from 62.3% in 2018 to 66.4% in 2022.
- Public school students attending schools at least 90% of the time from 79.4% in 2018 to 82% in 2022 (primary) and from 64.5% in 2018 to 70% in 2022 (secondary).
- Public school students reporting a sense of belonging, expectations for success and advocacy at school from 87% in 2018 to 91% in 2022 (primary) and from 65% in 2018 to 69% in 2022 (secondary).
Note: Percentages are listed as averages. Baseline numbers are from 2017 and 2018. Achieving these goals should lead to being the best performing state in Australia.