10. Mathematics Growth Team
Develop a mathematics growth team to lead the strengthening of mathematics teaching expertise in targeted schools and networks.
About this initiative
What we are doing
The Mathematics Growth Team, a part of the Best In Class Teaching Unit, amplifies the impact of expert mathematics teaching at targeted schools to:
- strengthen mathematics leaders and build a new generation of mathematics teachers across NSW public schools
- support the use of evidence-based, best-practice assessment and teaching practices among mathematics educators.
What this will achieve
Teaching quality and student learning outcomes in mathematics will improve.
Link to outcomes
This initiative contributes to Higher-quality teaching of mathematics in NSW public schools through the specific outcomes:
- Teachers of mathematics use effective practice.
- Teachers of mathematics have improved access to and participate in quality professional learning opportunities for teaching mathematics.
What is the Mathematics Growth Team?
Mathematics Growth Team schools
- Albury High School
- Ballina Coast High School
- Chatham High School
- Dapto High School
- John Edmondson High School
- Kooringal High School
- Lurnea High School
- Nambucca Heads High School
- Orara High School
- Randwick Girls High School
- The Rivers Secondary College, Richmond River High Campus
- Toormina High School
- Wyong High School
- Yanco Agricultural High School
Email the Mathematics Growth Team: email@example.com