1. New HSC mathematics course
2. Primary mathematics specialist teachers
Recruit specialist mathematics primary teachers to enhance mathematics teaching expertise in NSW.
3. Secondary teach.MathsNOW scholarships
320 scholarships to support STEM undergraduates and career changers to retrain to teach mathematics.
4. Higher education engagement
Collaborate with universities to encourage more students to study higher-level HSC mathematics courses.
5. Ambassadors and mathematics perceptions
Deliver communications initiatives – including a NSW mathematics ambassador network and a digital resource – to improve perceptions of and engagement with mathematics among students, parents and carers, and teachers.
6. Consolidated tools and procurement platform
Deliver a digital solution for schools and teachers to easily access high-quality mathematics teaching resources.
7. Evidence-based practice
Promote and support the use of high-leverage, research-based practices for teachers and school leaders.
8. Mathematics professional learning
Provide high-quality, evidence-based professional learning that supports and builds the mathematical knowledge of teaching.
9. Initial teacher education
Improve the initial teacher preparation in mathematics of primary teachers in consultation with NSW universities.
10. Mathematics growth team
Develop a mathematics growth team to lead the strengthening of mathematics teaching expertise in targeted schools and networks.