Correspondence handling statement
The Department of Education takes seriously all requests for information and correspondence enquiries. We will aim to provide you with a timely response to all matters received.
Before sending correspondence or an email to the Secretary, Department of Education; NSW Minister for Education and Early Learning; or the NSW Minister for Skills and Training, please ensure you are familiar with the following:
- We aim to open all correspondence within one business day of receipt, and aim to respond within 20 working days of receipt.
- There may be occasions where the issues you raise are outside the Minister's and Department's responsibilities. In this case, your comments will be forwarded to another Minister/agency for their attention.
- Sometimes the matters raised in correspondence are complex and require detailed investigation. Should we anticipate a delay, we will advise you accordingly.
- We will not respond to correspondence where the Minister (and/or Secretary) is not the primary recipient, but marked as carbon copy (ie cc) or blind copy (bc). We will only respond to items where the Minister (or Secretary) is the primary recipient.
- We accept no responsibility for invoices or other documents involving payments sent by email. Such items must be sent to the Department of Education's postal address.
- We will delete unsolicited advertisements without response.
- We will forward any correspondence containing threatening content or advocating illegal activities to the NSW Police.
- We will not respond to correspondence containing offensive language or content.
- Your correspondence and email, once sent, will become a formal departmental record.
- We will handle any personal or health information provided to us in accordance with the NSW Privacy and Personal Information Act 1998 (NSW) and Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002 (NSW).