Complaint, compliment or suggestion form

If you have a complaint, compliment or suggestion about any aspect of our school services we’re keen to hear from you. You can contact us in person, by email, by telephone or by using this form.

We encourage people to first approach the school. If the issue is about a student attending a public school, you can start by contacting the teacher, head teacher or the year adviser. Sometimes, the school principal or the Director Educational Leadership may be the best person to contact.

If you aren’t sure who can help, school office staff can provide you with the correct contact details.

You can also find contacts throughout the Department of Education, use our school finder, or call the Department’s head office on 1300 679 332.

Please complete this form in English.

At this stage, this form does not support attachments and we apologise for any inconvenience. Additional information can be provided to us when we contact you in relation to your complaint.

* marked fields are mandatory

General information

Which school or service does this issue relate to?
I would like a response:

Your details:


If you need help to contact us, please let us know.

I require an interpreter
If so, which language?
I have a disability or special need that will require communication support
If so, please provide details of any disability or special need that we should consider when communicating with you.

What are the details of your complaint, compliment, or suggestion?

  • Please set out your information as clearly and as briefly as possible.
  • Focus on facts.
  • Mention the steps you have taken to resolve the problem.

Have you raised this complaint with anyone before?
If so, who did you speak to and what was the result?

By submitting this form, I understand that my complaint may be directed to the local school or service to manage.

Please note
If you require an interpreter to help you please call the interpreter service on 131 450. Tell the operator which language you need and the phone number of the person you want to contact. The operator will get an interpreter on the line to assist you with your conversation. You will not be charged for this service.

If you are deaf, have a hearing impairment or speech impairment, you can contact us through the National Relay Service.

Your personal information will remain confidential. However, the information you provide may be provided to the NSW Ombudsman, the Independent Commission against Corruption, the Department of Family and Community Services or the NSW Police. For more information visit:

Return to top of page