School counselling scholarships
Scholarships are available for suitably qualified candidates to join the school counselling workforce.
If you're a psychology graduate who wants the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of young people, then the School Counselling Service Graduate Scholarship Program may be what you're looking for!
School Counsellors and School Psychologists apply their psychological expertise to support students to achieve cognitive, emotional, social, physical and spiritual wellbeing.
The NSW Government’s Supported Students, Successful Students initiative funds rural and metropolitan scholarships for suitably qualified psychology graduates to join the school counselling workforce.
For more information, please contact Vicki Melitas, Psychology Service Development Coordinator, on (02) 7814 2988 or firstname.lastname@example.org
School Counselling Service Graduate Scholarship Program Master of Professional Psychology (School Psychology)
Scholarships support psychology graduates to complete the Master of Professional Psychology (School Psychology) at the University of Wollongong, and become a permanent school psychologist working in rural or metropolitan NSW public schools.
Graduates will gain valuable knowledge under the guidance and supervision of experienced school counsellors in schools.
This scholarship offers:
- Up to $30,000 tuition allowance for full-time, full fee paying students
- Up to $6,000 appointment allowance*
- $1,500 textbook and incidentals allowance
- Supervised practicum placements in schools
- Induction program
- Supervised internship and ongoing employment as a school psychologist in NSW public schools in areas of workforce need upon satisfactory completion of the Master of Professional Psychology (School Psychology) program
* NOTE: Additional benefits may be available to interns and employees working in certain rural NSW locations.
To be eligible to apply for the Graduate Scholarship for the Master of Professional Psychology (School Psychology), you must:
- have completed a four year sequence of Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) approved psychology studies
- met requirements to undertake the Master of Professional Psychology (School Psychology) program at the University of Wollongong. View the requirements on the University of Wollongong website.
- have submitted an application for the Master of Professional Psychology (School Psychology) program at the University of Wollongong
- be willing to work in geographic areas of workforce need (refer to the work location nomination form)
- have or be able to obtain a NSW Working with Children Check clearance
- Australian citizen, permanent resident or a New Zealand citizen
- hold a current and valid NSW driver's licence
- 2020 Master of Professional Psychology (School Psychology) Flyer (PDF 131.78KB)
- 2020 Master of Professional Psychology (School Psychology) Info Pack (PDF 269.14KB)
Applications are now open.
Applications close at 11:59pm, Friday 18 October 2019.
Vicki Melitas, Psychology Service Development Coordinator, Student Engagement and Interagency Partnerships.
- (02) 7814 2988