Premier's Kingold Chinese Language Teacher Scholarship
This scholarship is open to teachers currently teaching Chinese language in NSW Schools and TAFE NSW campuses. The scholarship is for a study tour in any aspect of Chinese language education relevant to the NSW curriculum.
This scholarship is supported by Dr Chau Chak Wing.
Some potential projects may include:
- Bilingual immersion - English and Chinese (K-6): Research the latest and most effective bilingual language education in the world and propose a model of bilingual education in a NSW primary school context. Travel destinations could include: Sydney, Melbourne, Singapore, Hong Kong
- Increase the participation in Stage 6 Chinese language HSC courses (7 - 12). Collect data and investigate a variety of school systems and government policies to support language course participation in higher secondary years. Travel destinations could include: Melbourne, Singapore, Canada, UK.
- Heritage Chinese education in the world (K-12). Research and investigate how to make Chinese Heritage Languages fairer and more accessible. Travel destinations could include: USA, Malaysia, UK, Thailand.
- Resources for Chinese classrooms in the 21st century (K-10). Collect ideas for resource types used in the Chinese K-10 classrooms for the 21st century learning. Travel destinations could include: Melbourne, Singapore, Hong Kong, China, UK.
Kingold could offer the following to the recipients if they choose to visit Guangzhou:
- organise visits to the local kindergarten/primary/high School or the language department of local universities
- tour to Kingold businesses
- up to 3-nights complimentary accommodation in the Foreign Traders Hotel and the ground transport with a chauffeur
- other meetings, visits or tours that the recipient might be interested in
- local guide for all meetings/tour organised by Kingold.
The successful applicant will undertake a study tour up to five weeks in Australia and/or overseas, with a focus on China. Travel is to be completed by 30 June 2020.
One scholarship of $15,000 will be offered for travel during 2020.