Understand the stages of video production and the resources you will need to produce video in line with department guidelines.
Video can be a great way to communicate messages and engage your audience.
The department has a range of options for video production. This guide explains these options and helps you decide which is best for your next project. It also defines the requirements of video production, and the responsibilities of various stakeholders throughout the process.
Refer to our guidelines on creating accessible videos before embarking on your video project.
The Communication and Engagement directorate offers support for the following video productions:
Website Video Hosting
A free service provided to public schools in NSW. Users upload raw footage to Schools video, who then produce a short video (up to 5 minutes) with brand and accessibility compliance.
This option is suitable for school staff and state office teams seeking assistance in producing short videos.
Learn more about Schools video.
In-house video production
A media producer will work through every stage of the production process to deliver your video(s).
This option is suitable for state office teams producing video for projects aligned with department priorities.
Learn more about In-house video production.
Facilitated video production
A media producer will work with you to engage an external agency to deliver your video(s). The producer will also evaluate and provide feedback on the value and validity of documentation and the production process.
This option is suitable for State office teams that are new to, or want help in, engaging an agency for their video project.
Learn more about Facilited video production.
External video production
Communication and Engagement recommends a range of agencies to select from. The list includes service providers for animation, voiceover and captions.
This option is suitable for state office teams that wish to engage a trusted agency to produce their video project.
Learn more about External video production.
Video production resources
- For more information on these services, submit a Zendesk request to the Content and Engagement team or call 02 7814 1273.
- Refer to our video accessibility guidelines for guidance on how to make your video accessible using captions, transcripts and audio descriptions.
- Refer to the video format guidelines for video size, length and dimension specifications.
- Visit the Brand library for department photo release forms, brand guidelines, logos and other useful assets for your video.
- Download the department's video guidelines (PDF 1525.07 KB).