Use these guidelines to create a banner on your section pages.
Banners give the user some context about the section of the department website they are in. It can be used in various ways:
- show a brief description of the section
- link to an announcement or update.
Banners are made up of:
- a banner image
- a banner heading
- banner text
- a call to action button.
Banner heading and text must correspond to the copy on the page you're linking to. It is OK to use the the same heading and introductory text as you use on the page you're linking to.
How to use them
- Choose and image based on our Image guidelines.
- Write using our content guidelines. Especially:
- Include a call to action button. The call to action button should be less than 25 characters including spaces.
- Use a banner heading that's the same as the title of the page the banner is on
- Use a heading and text that doesn't match what you're linking to.
- See content style guide: Photos and images
- Keep images to around 100 KB. Up to 200 KB is the absolute maximum for banners where quality is a concern.
Learn how to add a banner to your page using our guides: