Project brief canvas
Set a clear direction by documenting the foundation of a project. This should be used when mapping a project to a job to be done.
The project brief canvas helps communicate the key aspects of a project for the team and stakeholders. It aligns the team to ensure that the student or teacher’s outcomes are front and centre.
What you'll need
- Time: 30-90 minutes
- People: Project owner and team
- Material: Print-out of the project brief canvas (PDF 57.91KB).
What you'll do
Fill in the following information on the project brief canvas:
- Name of project: A name helps generate team and stakeholder support and motivates project ownership.
- Project description: How does the project work?
- Jobs the project addresses: What are the key jobs it addresses?
- Customer impact: What impact will the project have on the target audience? What are the blockers and drivers?
- Delivery: What is the timeframe?
- Cost: This may include headcount or budget.
- Project owner: Who is running the initiative?
For the job the project addresses and customer impact, refer to mapping a project to a job to be done.
Want to know more?
Email us at email@example.com.