Training and capability building
A suite of training resources is available for Scout users, catering to your level of experience and your role.
Scout is intuitive and easy to use. If you need help getting started with Scout, or want to learn how to get the most out of the reports and data, you can access the digital learning centre or participate in one of the Scout user training options.
Scout Introduction – mandatory
All new users must complete the mandatory MyPL module – Scout Introduction - RG03295 – to gain access to Scout.
This module covers:
- how to access and navigate Scout apps, dashboards and reports
- what reports are available and their data sources
- privacy policies and legislations you must adhere to.
After completion of the mandatory online learning school staff will automatically receive access to Scout within 1-2 business days. For other staff see Registration and support for more information.
Professional learning is available for new and existing users to increase their knowledge on Scout report functionality and to develop skills in navigating and understanding reports.
This training will provide you with a detailed walkthrough of how to access and interpret reports, use slicers and filters in order to view and export specific data.
Training is available as Adobe Connect sessions.
Digital learning centre
Get what you need from Scout at your own pace. Designed for users who prefer self-paced online learning or have completed training but are seeking a refresher or reference material.
In the Digital learning centre section you will find the following resources:
- Quick reference guides - practical guides to using Scout features and functionality.
- Scout in practice – a series of resources that use specific scenarios to demonstrate how to extract and analyse information purposefully from multiple data sources.
- Webinars – on accessing and interpreting a range of specific Scout reports.