Excellence in learning: In our schools, young people will develop foundation skills in literacy and numeracy, strong content knowledge and the ability to learn, adapt and be responsible citizens. In schools that excel, students consistently perform at high levels on external and internal school performance measures and equity gaps are closing. School Excellence Framework ? Version 2, July 2017
Scout provides several information reports which can provide Directors, Educational Leadership with the capacity to analyse data across multiple schools in their Principals Network. This can help identify collective need across the network and enable a precise approach in providing support across different areas of school business.
The NAPLAN (DoE) App contains all information relating to NAPLAN in the one centralised place.
The Results Across Schools report will provide you with an overview of the distribution of scores across the schools in your Network. There are a number of reports, including Equity ? Aboriginality, Equity ? SES, and Premier?s Priority which provide greater detail and comparison across schools.
Scenario: Developing a Network overview
As a DEL, you would like to gain an overview of student engagement, wellbeing and achievement across the Secondary schools in your Network. This can provide a data-informed starting point for working with your schools.
Focus: Student mobility across Secondary schools
- Open the High School Transition report (found in the Enrolments App) and select the third tab ?Re-enrolment Rate?.
- Move through each of your schools individually
- How does the mobility of students at the school compare to their SSSG?
- What does mobility look like for schools in the key periods of time: 7-9, 9-12? How might this be impacting NAPLAN and HSC results as a reflection of the effectiveness of programs in the school?
Focus: Student attendance across Secondary schools
- Open the Official Attendance Census report (found in the Enrolments App) and select the third tab ?Attendance Rate Across Schools?.
- Select ?Secondary Schools? from the School Type slicer. If no school is selected all schools in your Network will be displayed.