ScR SSSG and State Results
The ScR SSSG and State Results report shows the performance of students in the NAPLAN, ATAR and HSC over time as compared to the statistically similar school group and the state.
This report is available only to The School Communications and Engagement unit (SCE).
How will this report benefit me?
SCE staff can compare a school’s results in NAPLAN, HSC and ATAR to their SSSG and State Results. They can also view trends such as increasing or decreasing NAPLAN, ATAR and HSC Results over time.
What does the ScR SSSG and State Results report provide?
The following visualisations are available in this report:
HSC - % Students in Band - School Compared to SSSG and State
- This bar chart contains three bar colours – one for the % Students in Band By School (HSC), one for % Students in Band By SSSG (HSC), and one for the % Students in Band By State (HSC).
- All values are the percentages in each HSC Band, not an average.
- The chart tracks average HSC Band scores for the last seven years of available data.
- Use the HSC Year slicer to select data for a different year.
- Use the HSC Course Name slicer to view results for one or more subjects.
Average ATAR - School Compared to SSSG and State
- This line chart contains three lines –average ATAR for the selected school, average ATAR for statistically similar schools, and average ATAR for the state.
- Both the state and SSSG ATARs are for government schools only, as we do not receive ATARs for non-government schools.
- All values are the average ATAR.
- The chart tracks average ATAR ranks for the last seven years of available data.
Average NAPLAN Score- School Compared to SSSG and State
- This line chart contains three lines – one for the Average Assessment Scaled Score for the selected school, one for Average Assessment Scaled Score for statistically similar schools, and one for the Average Assessment Scaled Score in the state.
- All values are the average for the selected NAPLAN assessment/s.
- The chart tracks average NAPLAN scores for the last seven years of available data.
- Use the NAPLAN Assessment slicer to select one or more assessments to view.
Use the following slicers to select a school and filter the data:
- Executive Director Group – use this to select an operational directorate, network and/or school. Note that as this report is comparing the school to the SSSG and state, there was no need to include the ability to select a school by distance.
- School Type – Use this to select the school type, e.g. primary or secondary. Note that only secondary and central schools will have HSC and ATAR data.
- HSC Year – This slicer applies to the HSC chart only. Use this to select the year the HSC course was taken.
- HSC Course Name – This slicer applies to the HSC chart only. Use this to select individual HSC courses.
- NAPLAN Assessment – this slicer applies to the NAPLAN chart only. Use this to select one or more NAPLAN assessments to compare.
What should I look for?
- A school’s performance compared to the SSSG and State provides another layer of understanding. A school may be performing below other local schools but above over statistically similar schools.
- A school that is significantly above or below other local schools.
Where does this data come from?
NAPLAN, ATAR, HSC
How frequently is data updated?