ScR Demographic Projection
The ScR Demographic Projection report provides student enrolment projections across government schools in NSW for the next 5, 10 and 15 years.
This report is available only to the School Communications and Engagement unit (SCE).
How will this report benefit me?
SCE staff can view current enrolment numbers, and predicted trends such as increasing or decreasing enrolments.
A school can be compared with multiple local competitor schools on the same chart, therefore SCE staff can determine which schools are growing faster than others, which may inform decisions about which schools may need more assistance from the unit.
What does the ScR Demographic Projection report provide?
The following visualisations are available in this report:
Projected Enrolments by Calendar Year and School Name
- This line chart displays current and projected enrolments by year for the selected school/s.
- School enrolment projections from AMS are included for the next 15 years - 5, 10 and 15 year likely projections.
- Only government school enrolments and projections are in this report. Projections do not exist for non-government schools.
Enrolment Projection for 15 years
- This table presents the same data as the chart, but in tabular format.
Use the following slicers to select a school and analyse the data:
- School Name – Choose a school in this slicer first. This will select the local area to analyse.
- School Distance Band Name – Choose one or more distance bands to view. Note that they are set up as concentric rings. To view all schools within 10km of the proximity school, you need to select both the 5km and 10km distance bands.
- Selected School Name by Distance – This slicer displays all schools within the selected radial distance of the selected school, sorted by distance. After selecting a value in the previous three slicers, use this to select one or more schools within the distance of selected School Name. Note that if you leave the previous slicers blank, all schools in the state will appear in this slicer, with a distance of 0.0 km.
- School Type – select the school type, e.g. secondary school.
- Projection Year – The Asset Management Directorate revise their enrolment projections each year. Only the last two years of projections are available. Select the most current projection year to view the most up-to-date projections. Select the prior year to compare how the projections have changed.
What should I look for?
- Schools with significant projected increases or decreases in enrolments.
- Schools where enrolments are decreasing, but neighbouring schools have increasing enrolments. This may indicate a school that needs additional support from the unit.
Where does this data come from?
- Both the current enrolment and enrolment projections come from AMS.
- Note that current enrolments in AMS may not coincide precisely with enrolments from ERN. The Asset Management Directorate obtain the current enrolments from ERN every few weeks and use this to determine which schools need demountable teaching spaces. Thus the current enrolments in this report may be from 1 day to several weeks out of date.
How frequently is data updated?
- Current enrolments are loaded daily from AMS and updated every few weeks in the source system.
- Projected enrolments are loaded daily from AMS and updated annually in the source system.