The Power Usage report contains key statistics on power usage in your school. There are three pages in this report:
- Consumption Compared to Generation
- Year on Year Comparison
- Power Usage Across Schools
Directors of public schools and executive directors can view all schools within their network/principal Network.
How will these reports benefit me?
These reports will help principals to:
- Identify the usage of electricity throughout the year
- Compare to energy generated
- Compare to previous years
- Ascertain whether efforts to keep costs/ usage low are working.
What does the Power Usage report provide?
This three-page report presents information on:
Consumption Compared to Generation
This report is a line chart showing the daily kilowatt hour usage of a school and compares it to power generated. This enables principals to see the overall energy use and generation, and to identify any periods of increased and decreased usage and generation at their school.
Year on Year Comparison
This report is a line chart showing data on the kilowatt hour usage by school day year and calendar year in a school. This enables Principals to see the overall energy use and identify any periods of increased and decreased usage at their school. It also provides the ability to compare data over the latest three calendar years.
Power Usage Across Schools
This report is a line chart showing data on the daily kilowatt hour usage throughout Principal Networks. This enables Principals to see the overall energy use and identify any periods of increased and decreased usage at their school.
The Organisation Count by Calendar Date chart found at the bottom of the reports shows how many schools are included in the main chart. Principals will see a value of 1 as they are only seeing data for a single school. Directors/Executive Directors will see the count of schools included in the main chart.
Use the following slicers to filter the data in each of the reports:
- Calendar Year - The latest three years (including the current year) are available
- School Type
- Executive Director Group
How can I use the Power Usage report to support my school self assessment?
This report is not applicable to the SEF.
What should I look for?
- Use the charts to answer questions around the energy usage at your school, in your network, across the years.
- If there is a significant difference between this year and last year, this could be investigated further. If you have further questions you can email the Utilities Analyst (firstname.lastname@example.org) who may be able to assist you.
Where does this data come from?
The data is extracted from a number of databases accessed by the Asset Management Directorate. Principally the data is extracted from the department’s Asset Management system.
How frequently is data updated?