Student Single View
The Single Student View report displays the progress of individual students in NAPLAN across their educational journey from Year 3 through to Year 9 NAPLAN.
How will this report benefit me?
This report allows schools to analyse student performance across all NAPLAN assessments. Teaching staff can identify students’ trajectory and identify students who require additional support to meet the expected trajectory.
What does the report provide?
This one page report presents information on:
NAPLAN Student Score, School Average and State Average
- This bar chart shows a student’s scores for each NAPLAN assessment, compared to the school average and state average.
- Only the NAPLAN assessments where the student was marked as “Present” are shown.
Student Details Table
- This table displays key data for a student including Assessment, Domain, Participation, Reason Exempt and Adjustments required.
- This allows staff to view the key data for a student in a single place.
- This Gap Analysis chart shows the growth in a student’s score between NAPLAN assessments.
- The dark circle represents the starting score, and the white circle represents the ending score, i.e. the score in the next NAPLAN assessment.
- The growth between each pair of assessments – NAPLAN 3 to NAPLAN 5, NAPLAN 5 to NAPLAN 7, and NAPLAN 7 to NAPLAN 9 – is represented by each horizontal teal line on the chart.
- The starting point for an assessment is the student’s score in the prior assessment.
- Where a student has missed an assessment, there will be no growth data for that assessment. For example if a student did NAPLAN 5 and NAPLAN 9, but not NAPLAN 7, there will not be any growth data for 5-7 or 7-9.
Use the slicers to filter the data for further analysis:
- Cohort Enrolment Year – you must select a value in this slicer for the data to be meaningful
- School Name
- Cohort Scholastic Year
- Cohort Scholastic Year
- Student Group Type
- Cohort Student Group
- Student Name
- Enrolment Type Group
- Enrolment Type
How can I use the report to support my school self-assessment?
- This report can identify students who are not following the expected trajectory of learning as assessed by NAPLAN and allow for additional support needs to be identified.
- School staff can also use this report prior to, or during meetings with the student and/or their parents/carers. This report provides a single place to understand student data.
What should I look for?
- Students who have failed to grow in terms of their NAPLAN assessments or for whom growth does not follow the pattern of growth in one domain as compared to the others.
- More data will be added to this report in future releases as it becomes available.
Where does this data come from?
How frequently is data updated?