Student Item Analysis Writing Online
The Student Item Analysis Writing - Online report shows how a student has performed by NAPLAN writing criterion (i.e. rubric).
This report includes results for the students who have participated in a NAPLAN writing test online. Paper results are reported on a separate report. This report includes the Online Writing domain only. Other domains are on a separate report.
How will this report benefit me?
The report allows schools to analyse the NAPLAN performance of individual students, for each criterion (also known as a rubric). Used in conjunction with the school-level report, it can indicate which students may need additional help with specific criterion.
What does the report provide?
This one page report has information on:
Student Writing Scores by Criterion
- This column chart shows the student’s score for each criterion.
- The x-axis displays the criterion.
- The y-axis displays the student score.
- Hover over a data point to view the student’s score and the maximum possible score for that criterion.
- This chart also acts as a slicer. Click on any bar/criterion to display the table values for that criterion.
Table Information – Possible Score Outcomes per Criterion
- The table displays the selected student’s scores for each criterion. Clicking on a record in this table displays the information on the right of the table.
- Criterion Description displays the description of the selected record.
- NSW Syllabus Outcomes displays the expected outcome of the selected record.
- Student Score / Score Details displays the achieved Criterion Score as well as the Score Details.
- Test Version, Link to Stimulus – This table displays the Test version that the student has participated in and the corresponding stimulus link. Students are presented with one of two test versions.
Use the slicers provided to select a student and further analyse the data:
- Executive Director Group
- Network Name
- School Name
- Enrolment Type Group
- Enrolment Type
- Student Name - you must select a student for this report to be meaningful
- Assessment Year
- Cohort Enrolment Year
- Cohort Scholastic Year
- Student Band Achieved
- Item Band
How can I use the report to support my school self-assessment?
This report can support schools to understand the effectiveness of teaching strategies for individual students. It will assist schools with the Student Performance Measures, Effective Classroom Practice and Data Skills and Use elements of the SEF.
What should I look for?
- Writing criteria where a student has performed significantly low in a criterion. This may indicate that the student requires additional assistance with that criterion/rubric.
Where does this data come from?
How frequently is data updated?