Percentage of Students in NAPLAN Bands Across Schools
The % of Students in NAPLAN Bands Across Schools report provides a high level view of a school cohort’s percentage in each domain and NAPLAN student band.
Executive directors and Directors of public schools can view all schools within their Principal Network.
How will these reports benefit me?
The % of Students in NAPLAN Bands Across Schools report can be used to illustrate the performance of a school’s student cohort percentage in each domain and NAPLAN student band. It also provides an average over time.
This report provides an overview of changes in performance as it highlights any changes or differences in results throughout time.
What does the % of Students in NAPLAN Bands Across Schools report provide?
This one page report presents information on:
% Students in Bands by School
- This stacked column chart displays the distribution in bands for one or more schools. It shows the percentage of students achieving in each band in the selected year, for the selected NAPLAN assessment and domain.
- Select a single school, all schools in a network/executive network, or individual schools.
- Select multiple schools in a network or executive network to create custom school groups to compare.
Use the following slicers to filter the data:
- Executive Director Group
- Network Name
- School Name
- Calendar Year
- Enrolment Type Group
- Enrolment Type
- Aboriginal - The term Aboriginal used in this data set refers to and includes both Aboriginal peoples and Torres Strait Islander peoples. In NSW the preferred term is Aboriginal, rather than Indigenous or Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
How can I use the % of Students in NAPLAN Bands Across Schools report to support principals in their school self-assessment?
- The chart will provide an indication of the NAPLAN bands and the distribution of students by percentage within them. This chart can be used to show changes in the distribution of results over time.
- Movement of students between the bands from year to year which can assist in the development of enriching learning activities
What should I look for?
- The calendar year slicer can be used to select a single year, or multiple years. When multiple years are selected, the average percentage of students in each band is shown. This is useful for combining small school results across multiple years.
- The School name slicer allows multi-select. This can be useful to reduce the number of schools being displayed on the screen at one time. Clear the slicer to view all schools in the selected executive network or network.
Where does this data come from?
How frequently is data updated?