Percentage of Students in Band Category Across Schools
The Percentage of Students in Band Category Across Schools report shows the percentage of students in the selected schools in the top two, middle two and bottom two bands over time.
Directors can compare schools of interest and assess patterns in schools’ progress towards goals. They can also identify discrepancies between the percentages of schools that may be being studied.
How will this report benefit me?
The Percentage of Students in Band Category Across Schools report allows tracking of the progress of a group of schools. Directors can observe if interventions being implemented by schools are having an effect in moving students between the pairing of bands.
What does the report provide?
This one page report presents information on:
Percentage of Students in Band Category by School
- This bar chart displays the percentage of students in the top 2, middle 2 and bottom 2 bands by school.
- Select a single year to view data for that year only.
- Select multiple years to combine data for the selected years. This can be useful to analyse results for small schools.
- The x-axis displays the percentage and the y-axis displays the school.
- Hover over the bar within the chart to see the actual percentage and the number of students that have achieved the selected band category.
Use the slicers to filter and analyse the data
- Executive Director Group
- Network Name
- School Name
- Enrolment Type Group
- Enrolment Type
- Band Category
- Test Band
- Participation Type
How can I use the report to support principals in my network with their self-assessment?
This report provides a starting point for a high level overview of student progress at schools in the network.
Directors Educational Leadership can use this report to assess school performance and can highlight where to drill down for more information. It is important to consider this report in conjunction with other measures of student performance and growth within Scout, or internal measures within a school.
What should I look for?
- The charts show NAPLAN band groups (top 2, middle 2 and bottom 2) and the distribution of students within each group.
- Are there schools in the network with high percentages in either the low or the high band group?
- Movement of students between the bands allows schools to plan for and address needs of their student cohorts. The report also allows identification of schools making progress so that the interventions put in place can be studied to determine if would be useful for transplanting to like schools.
Where does this data come from?