Results Across Schools - Percentage of Students in Band Category
The Percentage of Students in Band Category report shows the percentage of students in the selected school(s) in the Top 2, Middle 2 and Bottom 2 bands over time across the schools within the network.
Directors can compare schools of interest and assess patterns in schools’ progress towards goals. They can also identify discrepancies between the percentages of schools that may be being studied.
How will this report benefit me?
The Percentage of Students in Band Category report enables users to track the progress of a group of schools. Directors can observe if interventions being implemented by schools are having an impact on students' between the pairing of bands.
What does the report provide?
This report allows users to view the information by Year or to show trends in students/schools’ performance.:
Percentage of Students in Band Category by School Name
- This bar chart displays the percentage of students in the Top 2, Middle 2 and Bottom 2 bands by school.
- Select a single year to view data for that year only.
- Select multiple years to combine data for the selected years. This can be useful to analyse results for small schools.
- The x-axis displays the percentage and the y-axis displays the school.
- Hover over the bar within the chart to see the actual percentage and the number of students that have achieved the selected band category.
Percentage of Students in Band Category
- This chart shows the trend in percentage of students achieving the Top 2, Middle 2 and Bottom 2 bands over time for each school.
- The x-axis displays the years and the y-axis displays the % of students.
- Hover over the chart to display the School Name, Year, % of Students in Band Category, Number of Students.
Use the slicers to filter and analyse the data:
Step 1: Select a group of students
- Which school were they in?
- Which year was it?
- Which assessment?
- Which domain?
Step 2: Optionally, select a subset of students
- An enrolment type group?
- A specific enrolment type?
How can I use the report to support principals in my network with their self-assessment?
This report provides a starting point for a high-level overview of student progress at schools in the network.
Directors, Educational Leadership can use this report to assess school performance and can highlight where to drill down for more information. It is important to consider this report in conjunction with other measures of student performance and growth within Scout, or internal measures within a school.
What should I look for?
- The charts show NAPLAN band groups (Top 2, Middle 2 and Bottom 2) and the distribution of students within each group.
- Consider whether there are schools in the network with high percentages in either the low or high band groups?
- Movement of students between the bands allows schools to plan for and address the needs of their student cohorts. The report also enables users to identify those schools which are making progress, so that the interventions put in place can be studied by others for equal success.
Where does this data come from?
How frequently is data updated?