Student Results - Scores and Bands
The Student Results Reports (Scores, Bands) provides school staff with access to the prior NAPLAN scores of their current students, or current NAPLAN scores of their past students.
The report provides student’s results for each NAPLAN domain and their achieved Band.
How will these reports benefit me?
Knowledge of students’ past performance, especially over the transition period to secondary education, is crucial for the continuity of learning for students. Ready access to students’ previous NAPLAN performance allows teachers to know incoming students’ general ability.
Knowledge of students’ future performance, for example, Year 7 results for a primary school’s Year 6 cohort, can also assist schools to review the success of their teaching practice with the cohort that has just left.
What does the report provide?
School/Report Details Pane
- Displays the school, cohort enrolment year (e.g. 2016), cohort scholastic year (e.g. Year 7), cohort assessment being viewed (e.g. NAPLAN 5) and the number of students who completed that assessment and domain.
Student Scaled Score Table
- Table data of individual student scores for the selected assessment and domain.
- Only students who participated in at least one NAPLAN domain are present
- Data from the table can be exported in Excel or a Comma Separated Values (CSV) file for local analysis.
Student NAPLAN Scaled Scores and Bands by Assessment and Domain
- This table displays the student’s Name, SRN (Student’s Registration Number), Assessment, Domain, Assessment Year, Participation, Band Group, Band Sub Group, Band, Student Score and Test Adjustment for the selected assessment and domain.
- Clear the Domain slicer to obtain scores and bands for all domains.
- Data from the table can be exported in Excel or a Comma Separated Values (csv) file for local analysis.
Use the slicers to select a cohort and filter the data for further analysis:
Step 1: Select a group of students
- Which school were they in?
- Which year was it?
- Which scholastic year? - The year the student was in year 7 at your school, data will be presented on the student cohort’s corresponding Year 5 NAPLAN performance
- Which assessment?
- Which domain? (applicable only for the Bands tab)
- Which band group? (applicable only for the Bands tab)
- Which band? (applicable only for the Bands tab)
Step 2: Optionally, select a subset of students
- A specific group type?
- A specific group?
- An enrolment type group?
How can I use the report to support teaching and learning at my school?
The report provides users with an assessment of the potential needs of individual students, a cohort or class group to support their learning.
What should I look for?
- Students whose performance on one domain of NAPLAN is greatly different for the other domains. Such discrepancies can help teaching staff identify strengths and areas of need for students and flag areas where further investigation of student needs is required.
Where does this data come from?
NAPLAN, Student Enrolments.
How frequently is data updated?