The report displays the accreditation status for each teacher and how many months are left in the current maintenance cycle. It also provides information on all the provisional and conditional status teachers.
Executive Directors and Directors of public schools can view all schools within their Principal Network.
How will this report benefit me?
The report will help principals to track their staff accreditation, identify all provisional or conditional teachers, and identify when maintenance reports are due.
This information can be used to identify whether teachers are up to date with their maintenance of accreditation.
What does the Accreditation report provide?
This report provides the following information across two pages:
Page 1 - Months Until Expiry
Average Months Until Expiry by Teacher Name and Months to Expiry Band
- This chart displays all teachers at the school with the number of months left until their accreditation expires.
- The number of months have been split into four colour-coded bands:
- Expired (red)
- 0-2 months (purple)
- 3-6 months (yellow)
- 7-12 months (grey) and
- 12+ months (green).
This allows principals to quickly identify the teachers that may need to renew their accreditation in the next few months.
- All accreditation, excluding provisional and conditional, has an expiry date. Where no expiry date has been listed, this is an error and the report will graph these as expired.
Page 2 - Provisional and Conditional
- This table lists teachers who have provisional and conditional accreditation status.
- It shows employee name, accreditation status and employment type.
- Conditional Accreditation is granted if a teacher has successfully completed an undergraduate degree or at least 3 years of a 4 year undergraduate teaching degree.
- A teacher may move from Conditional to Provisional Accreditation if they can provide certified evidence that they have successfully completed their qualification to become a teacher within 12 months of the date of their Conditional Accreditation.
- Expiry date is not available for Provisional and Conditional accreditations. Lapsed accreditations may also be shown in the list here due to the non-availability of expiry date. For an up to date information of provisional/ conditional accreditation, refer to eTAMS.
How can I use the Accreditation report to support my school self-assessment?
In the Leading domain of the School Excellence Framework (SEF), Educational Leadership states in schools that excel, all students are taught by high performing teachers, and the leadership team supports the recognition of this through the teacher accreditation process.
In the Teaching domain of the SEF, Professional Standards state schools monitors the accreditation status of all staff and supports their maintenance of accreditation.
What should I look for?
Refer to the charts within the report to assist in answering questions around staff accreditation status, months to expiry and provisional or conditional status. This will assist in school planning and staff professional development.
Where does this data come from?
NESA, PERS, MyPL and SAP HR.
How frequently is data updated?