Origin Primary School Trend
The Origin Primary School Trend report provides trend information on the top 5 primary schools for a high school. This report is a complimentary view of the Origin Primary School report.
This report is available to schools.
How will this report benefit me?
Users can view the trend over time for the top 5 primary schools for a high school. School staff can use this information to understand changes in the composition of their high school’s origin primary schools over time.
What does the Origin Primary School Trend report provide?
The following visualisations are available in this report:
Top 5 Primary Schools
- This stacked column chart displays the top 5 primary schools trend for the selected high school.
- 10 years of historical data will eventually be included, however the earliest year displayed is 2011. This is due to unavailability of high-quality data prior to this year.
- Some schools and years have a column labelled “unknown”. This means the students came from a non-government school, interstate or overseas primary schools, or they did not do the NAPLAN 5 assessment, so a prior record has not been found for them. For example schools/s near the border with another state will have a large unknown component. This indicates the commencing Y7 students went to primary schools in the state across the border.
Due to privacy reasons we only receive NAPLAN data for NSW.
Selected Primary School Trend
- This line chart provides an alternate view of the trend data and allows users to view the contributions of each school.
- Click on a single school to highlight that line.
Use the following slicers to filter and analyse the data:
- Schools – Choose your school from this slicer.
What should I look for?
- Are there any schools that are increasing or decreasing the number of students they contribute over time? If there have been no boundary changes this may indicate a change of parental choice.
Where does this data come from?
- Annual enrolment census
- NAPLAN – school where a student sat the Y5 and Y7 assessments
How frequently is data updated?
- Historical enrolments are updated annually in August.
- NAPLAN data is updated annually in August.