Origin Primary School
The Origin Primary School report provides information on what the origin primary schools are for a high school.
This report is available to schools.
How will this report benefit me?
High school staff can view the origin primary schools for their school. School staff can use this information to understand where enrolments in their high school are coming from.
What does the Origin Primary School report provide?
The following visualisations are available in this report:
Top Primary Schools
- This column chart displays the top 10 primary schools for the selected high school. Note that there may be more than 10 schools in the list where 2 or more schools are equal 10th.
- 10 years of historical data will eventually be included, however the earliest year displayed is 2010. This is due to unavailability of high-quality data prior to this year.
- Some schools and years have a column labelled “unknown”. This means the students came from interstate/overseas primary schools, or they did not do the NAPLAN 5 assessment in NSW, so a prior record has not been found for them. For example schools near the border with another state will have a large unknown component. This indicates the commencing Y7 students went to primary schools in the state across the border.
Due to privacy reasons we only receive NAPLAN data for NSW.
School contribution %
- This doughnut chart displays all known primary schools that contributed students to the selected high school.
- Click on the Focus Mode button on the top right-hand corner to expand the chart and view all schools.
Year 5 Primary Schools
- This table displays all known contributor primary schools with the number of students that came from each school.
- The total at the bottom of the table equals the number of students who commenced at the selected high school in the selected year.
Use the following slicers to filter and analyse the data:
- Executive Director Group
- Year 7 Enrolment Year – use this slicer to select a cohort, i.e. the students who commenced Year 7 in the selected calendar year.
What should I look for?
- Are high school principals enrolling more out-of-zone students than they should? Many students coming from primary schools outside the zone could show this.
- Are there any schools that are increasing or decreasing the number of students they contribute? If there have been no boundary changes this may indicate a change of parental choice.
- The “unknown” component is made up of students who were not enrolled in a NSW government school in year 5. For example they were in a non-government school, in another state or outside Australia).
Where does this data come from?
- Annual enrolment census.
- NAPLAN – school where a student sat the Y5 and Y7 assessments.
How frequently is the data updated?
- Historical enrolments are updated annually after the Enrolment census is completed in August.
- NAPLAN data is updated annually after NAPLAN results are released.