Enrolments by Intake Area
The Enrolments by Intake Area report shows the number and proportion of local and non-local enrolments in a school.
How will this report benefit me?
This report will better inform schools and the School Operations and Performance Directorate about current enrolments, particularly enrolments outside of a school's designated intake area. It assists schools with visibility of enrolment numbers and trends.
This report will help Directors, Educational Leadership and Principals manage non-local enrolment applications as required in the enrolment policy.
Under the enrolment policy, schools with a designated intake area will have an enrolment cap. The school's enrolment cap is set centrally based on the number of its permanent classrooms.
Note: The enrolment caps are being finalised and will be added at a later date.
Depending on your access level, the following filters may be used to show additional data for further analysis:
Step 1: Select a group of students
- Which school type?
- Which school were they in?
- Which year was it?
Note: If the year selected is the current year, the student’s intake type will be shown based on the latest student's address available as per ERN. However, for past years, the student’s intake type will be shown based on the latest address available in ERN as of their Enrolment Start Date or March 1st of the selected year (whichever is later).
Step 2: Optionally, select a subset of students
- An enrolment type group?
- A specific enrolment type?
What does the report provide?
This five-page report provides information on:
- Students by Intake Type
- Students by Intake Type by Year
- Students by Intake by Month
- Students Intake Area Map
- Student Addresses
Page 1 - Students by Intake Type
- The header provides summary counts of student enrolments i.e.Total Students, Cap, Local Students, Non-local Students and Not Validated; based on the filters selected by the user.
- This stacked bar graph shows schools (X-axis) and the number of enrolments (Y-axis), broken down by Local and Non-local Intake Types. (Note: Principals will only be able to see their school, while Directors, Educational Leadership will be able to see all schools in their network).
- Where a school has an allocated enrolment cap, the cap is displayed as a black dot, graphed against the school enrolment numbers. Users can easily determine whether a school's enrolment is within or above the enrolment cap.
- Select the Detail option to display the number of Local Students and a breakdown of Non-local enrolments into the following lower level intake types:
- Non-local (accepted non-local)
- Non-local (boundary change)
- Non-local (sibling intake)
- Non-local (student moved)
- Hover over graph for data values in each classification.
- Use filters for further analysis.
Page 2 - Students by Intake by Year
- The header provides summary counts of student enrolments based on the calendar year filter selected by the user.
- The line graph displays enrolment trends over several years, broken down by Local, Non-local and Not Validated enrolments. Where there are Not Validated addresses (for example, a PO Box, mistyped or a false address has been provided and it could not be validated by the maps) the address is excluded from the count of Enrolments.
- The report has two views:
- % view which displays the proportion in percentage of Local and Non-local enrolments over several years
- # view which displays the total number of Local and Non-local enrolments over several years.
- Table 1 (bottom left) displays the number of enrolments by scholastic year and calendar year throughout several years for the selected school.
- Table 2 (bottom right) displays enrolments throughout several years for the selected school i.e., Student Name, SRN, Enrolment Start Date, and Intake Area Type are displayed. Select the Year from Table 1 to filter the students to be shown.
Page 3 - Students by Intake Type by Month
- The line graph displays enrolment trends over a 12-month period for all students, broken down by Local and Non-local enrolments.
- The report has two views:
- % view which displays the proportion in percentage of Local and Non-local enrolments over a 12 month period for the calendar year selected by the user.
- # view which displays the total number of Local and Non-local enrolments over a 12 month period for the calendar year selected by the user.
- Table 1 (bottom left) displays the number of enrolments by scholastic year and calendar year throughout several years for the selected school. To view years after Year 4, use the horizontal scroll to view more to the right.
- Table 2 (bottom right) displays enrolments throughout several years for the selected school. Select the Year from Table 1 to filter the students to be shown.
Page 4 - Student Intake Area Map
- Displays a map of the area around the selected school and the Intake Area boundaries as captured in the Asset Management System (AMS).
- The map can be zoomed in or out to focus on selected areas by clicking on + or -.
- This report shows only Non-local enrolments of a school.
- Map pins display where students live. Hover over a map pin to display the Student Name. Multiple students may live at the same address or an apartment block, however only one pin will be displayed covering all students at the same address or location. Hover over will display details of one student only.
- The colour of the map pin indicates the Non-local Intake type that the student’s enrolment is classified as.
Page 5 - Student Addresses
- Displays Student Name, SRN, Scholastic Year, Intake Type, Sibling SRN, Residential Address, Google Verified Address, Address Start Date, Address End Date and Multiple Address Flag to indicate if the student has multiple addresses. This is to facilitate a student’s intake type
- Intake Type will be shown for this address record. If a student has multiple addresses (one within area and another out of area) during the same period (based on Address Start and End Dates), this will indicate the within area as Local Student whereas the out of area address with the corresponding non-local intake type, and a flag will be shown indicating multiple address for this student during the period.
- Students’ siblings’ SRN will be shown only in the case of Non-local (sibling intake).
- Residential Address will be shown as recorded in ERN. Google verified address will be shown as the residential address that is interpreted by the system to identify the student’s intake type. This will help schools to identify any potential errors in address captured in ERN. Corrections to address made in ERN will automatically reflect here the following day.
- Address Start and End Dates are shown indicating the duration when a student resides in that address. Note: An end date of 31/12/2999 indicates no end date captured in ERN.
- The Multiple Address Flag is shown to indicate that a student has multiple addresses captured for the same duration. This could be due to multiple owner enrolment indicators captured in ERN.
Note: To facilitate the report's responsiveness and performance, the intake area shown is indicative only. Hence, some map pins near the boundaries may appear out of place. A more precise graphical representation of the school's intake area may be viewed on School Finder.
How can I use the report to support my school self-assessment?
This report supports schools to manage their non-local enrolment level to comply with the department’s enrolment policy
What should I look for?
- Schools with enrolment numbers above their enrolment cap, particularly where Non-local enrolments are high.
- Schools over or close to their cap who may need to review their enrolment practices.
- Trends of increasing or decreasing local enrolments may lead to a need for resource reallocation or intake area changes.
Where does this data come from?
How frequently is data updated?