The Monthly Investigation report allows you to slice the financial data for your cost centre(s) by the different GL, WBS and Fund attributes.
How will these reports benefit me?
Monthly Investigation will assist you in financial planning and reporting for your cost centre.
What does the Monthly Investigation report provide?
- The report provides the financial position by month of the selected cost centre in accordance with areas of responsibility and attributes selected.
- The GL account level for Revenue, Expense, Assets and Liabilities allows you to understand the type of costs being incurred, such as labour costs or stationery.
- WBS provides Program and Project level expenses for programs and projects being delivered in your Cost Centre(s).
- The Fund identifies either the recurrent or capital source for funding transactions.
How can I use the Monthly Investigation report to support my financial planning?
- The reports can be used to seek insight into how your Cost Centre is tracking against its budget.
- The reports displays the budget against the actual spend and enables comparison across months and displays any identifiable variances.
- The report can be displayed in either chart or table format allowing greater insight to your financial data.
What should I look for?
- Is your cost centre performing to plan?
- Is there any variance in your cost centre actual spend against budget?
- Which areas in your cost centre are underspending / overspending?
- Are your programs / projects proceeding to plan?
Where does this data come from?
The data comes from SAP and loads from Monday to Friday at 6am.
Note that although the data loads daily, you will not see data for the current month until after the end of the month. This includes any new cost centres, or cost centres that have active transactions in the current month. This is a new change introduced in October 2017.
Who are the data and report owners and stewards for finance reports?
The data and report owner is the Chief Financial Officer and the steward is the Director, Corporate Finance Management.