Cohort Results by Total Score
Cohort Results by Total Score
The Cohort Results by Total Score report shows the performance of students in the school who participated in Best Start Year 7 for a given year and assessment type.
The report provides the individual results of all students in the cohort who had participated in Best Start Year 7 as well as aggregated results for the cohort.
Schools can use this report to identify areas linked to the NSW syllabus and learning progressions where students may require additional support in their learning.
What does the Current Enrolment report provide?
This report presents information on:
The far right of the report shows
- the average score of the students in cohort
- the maximum possible score for the assessment
- the number of students in the cohort who undertook the assessment (to date)
- the average percentage correct of questions attempted by the cohort
- the average time taken for students in the cohort to complete the assessment
Percentage correct by Area Learning
- The bar chart displays the percentage of students in the cohort with correct responses to assessment items for each area of learning for the assessment (the areas of learning are the numeracy learning progression sub-elements for numeracy and sub-headings for the Understanding Texts element of the literacy learning progression for reading).
- Clicking on a bar in the chart will display only items related to that area of learning in the table below.
- The default view for the table presents the individual students score by item, sorted by progression level and Area of Learning.
- If an item is blank this means that the student has not attempted this question.
- By hovering over the Area of Learning heading, data can been drilled up or down from question level to progression level to area of learning.
Use the slicers to filter and analyse the following data:
- Executive Director Group (for EDs)
- Network Name/Diocese (for Directors)
- School Name (schools will only see their individual school)
- Assessment Type
How can I use the Cohort Results by Total Score report to support my school self-assessment?
The Cohort Results by Total Score will assist schools to confirm students identified as being in need of additional support against this assessment. Use of this report will support reporting against School Excellence Framework elements: Student performance measures and Data skills and use.
What should I look for?
The purpose of Best Start Year 7 is to identify students’ current needs and areas of difficulties. The Cohort Results by Total Score report allows schools to get a high level overview of the performance of students who participated in Best Start Year 7 including areas of greatest strength and weakness for the cohort and individual students.
Where does this data come from?
Best Start Year 7 assessment
How frequently is data updated?
Daily during the assessment window from Term 1 Week 2 to Week 6. As Year 7 students participate in the assessment, their results will be included in Scout reports. This may take up to two business days.