The Assets Dashboard contains key statistics around the assets and associated costs for a school. There are multiple pages in the report.
How will these reports benefit me?
This report will help principals identify the cost, usage and any trends relevant to school assets.
It will also enable principals to see where their school sits in comparison to other schools in the network or selected schools across the state.
What does the Assets Dashboard report provide?
This report presents multiple visualisations across 3 pages:
Page 1 – Key Stats and Trends
This page provides key asset metrics for a school including:
- Asset Value – The value of the school asset including land and buildings
- Call Out Costs- Provides information on the total call out cost ($)
- Cleaning Costs
- Facility Condition Index - The facility condition index (FCI) is a measure of the maintenance liability at your school divided by the replacement cost of the buildings and improvements – expressed as a percentage. It does not include land costs.
- Floor Area – Both total and per student
- Functionality Index
- Maintenance Liability
- Number of Demountables
- Number of Sites
- Planned Maintenance
- Play Space
- Preventative Maintenance - How much the school’s maintenance contractor spends on a school for preventive and statutory maintenance (i.e. annual maintenance to ensure all statutory compliance issues are dealt with)
- School Site Area Provides information on the site area (in square metres), site area per student (in square metres).
- Site Area – where a school shares a site with another entity, this is the total site area.
- Teaching Space Demand – the number of teaching spaces required at the school for the selected year.
- Both the value and the value per student are provided.
- The last 3 years of available data are provided. Note that data for each calendar year does not become available until early in Term 2 when it is finalised by the Asset Management Directorate.
- Use the Attribute slicer to view a single attribute, e.g. Play Space, across multiple schools.
Page 2 – Year on Year Comparison
- This page provides a visual representation of the changes in each key asset metric from year to year.
- The selected year is the growth year. E.g. if 2017 is selected, all metrics compare 2017 to the previous year, 2016.
- An arrow pointing upwards indicates the metric increased.
- A horizontal arrow indicates the metric did not change.
- An arrow pointing downwards indicates the metric decreased.
- For some metrics, an increase is favourable, whereas for other metrics, an increase is unfavourable. The colour of the arrows (green, grey or red) indicates which category this falls under.
Page 3 – Site Maps
- This page provides links to the site maps for each school.
- The site maps are in PDF format.
Use the slicers to filter and analyse the data:
- Executive Director Group
- Calendar Year
- School Type (Page 1 only)
- Attribute (Page 1 only)
How can I use the Assets Dashboard report to support my school self assessment?
You can use the reports in this dashboard to answer questions related to School Resources in your school self-assessment.
What should I look for?
If you have any questions regarding the indicators, contact your local Asset Management Unit.
Where does this data come from?
The data is extracted from a number of databases accessed by the Asset Management Directorate. The main system is the Asset Management System (AMS).
How frequently is data updated?
The data is updated annually generally in February or March following the finalisation of enrolments in schools.