Government school student attendance 2016
This bulletin was originally published 2 May 2017.
Student attendance has been demonstrated to be linked to student academic outcomes, although the nature of the link is complex. CESE’s Government School Student Attendance 2016 bulletin summarises attendance rates by:
- student level of education
- Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal students
- school term
- selective school status and FOEI.
CESE’s analysis of Semester 1 2016 attendance data indicates that the average attendance rate for NSW government schools was 92.2 per cent.
For more information
- To access data, visit the NSW Education Data Hub.
- To read our other statistical publications.
- The Centre for Education Statistics and Evaluation is committed to making online content accessible to the widest possible audience. If you require an accessible version of a PDF published prior to 2018 please contact us.