Government school student attendance 2013
This bulletin was originally published 13 May 2014.
Student attendance has been demonstrated to be linked to student academic outcomes, although the nature of the link is complex. CESE’s Government School Student Attendance 2013 bulletin summarises attendance rates by:
- student level of education
- metro and no-metro regions
- Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal students
- scholastic year and gender.
CESE’s analysis of Semester 1 2013 attendance data indicates that the attendance rate for all students in NSW government schools increased by 0.6 percentage points in 2013; from 92.0 per cent in 2012 to 92.6 per cent in 2013. This is just 0.1 percentage point lower than the highest attendance rate recorded over the past 10 years, which was 92.7 per cent in 2003.
For more information
- To access data, visit the NSW Education Data Hub.
- To read our other statistical publications.
- The Centre for Education Statistics and Evaluation is committed to making online content accessible to the widest possible audience. If you require an accessible version of a PDF published prior to 2018 please contact us.