Supporting students' sense of belonging poster
Sense of belonging is a student's perception of being accepted, valued and included in their school setting by their peers and others in the school.
A recent review of research suggests that teachers can support students' sense of belonging by:
- managing the classroom effectively
- leading by example inside and outside of the classroom
- developing positive relationships
- being a strong advocate for students
- helping students to develop positive friendships
- addressing bullying.