Inclusive education in NSW schools case studies
These case studies were originally published 17 July 2020.
The case studies outline what has worked in each school to improve inclusive education for students with disability. They identify six themes that are important in achieving inclusive education:
- strong and collaborative leadership, including implementing whole-school approaches
- effective use of data to identify and meet students’ needs
- commitment to differentiation and adjustments to meet the needs of individual students
- working closely with families and the local community to support students’ learning
- high-quality, embedded learning and support structures
- investment in school staff to build their capacity to deliver inclusive education.
The NSW Department of Education commits to building a more inclusive education system for students with disability in the Disability Strategy launched in February 2019.