Training and capability building
A suite of learning resources is available for Scout users, catering to your level of experience and role.
Scout is intuitive and easy to use. If you need help getting started with Scout or want to learn how to get the most out of the reports and data, you can access the digital learning centre or participate in one of the training options below.
Scout Introduction – mandatory
All new users must complete the mandatory MyPL module – Scout Introduction - NRG03295 – to gain access to Scout.
This module covers:
- how to access and navigate Scout apps, dashboards, and reports
- what reports are available and their data sources
- privacy policies and legislations you must adhere to.
After completion of the mandatory online learning, school staff will automatically receive access to Scout within 1-2 business days. For other staff, see Registration and support for more information.
Exploring Scout – Online learning
Looking to learn more about Scout?
Exploring Scout is a dynamic online learning option for department staff.
This optional, non-registered, online learning is designed to support education staff in their understanding of the department’s Scout reporting platform. This self-paced course will support a deeper understanding of:
- the Scout reporting platform
- Scout access and navigation
- Scout report functionality
- scenarios using Scout reports
- Scout resources, support, and further learning options.
This online course is designed for new users as well as existing users keen to refresh or reinforce their knowledge of Scout.
With multiple self-paced modules, users can learn on-demand at their own convenience and speed. Modules have been organised in a suggested sequence but can be accessed in any order, depending on staff learning needs.
Some of the topics from previous training and professional learning have been recreated for this online course, along with engaging new content.
The Exploring Scout course will develop users’ knowledge of Scout with up-to-date content located in one convenient place. Registration is available on MyPL..
Digital learning centre
Get what you need from Scout at your own pace. Designed for users who prefer self-paced online learning, or those seeking a refresher or reference materials.
In the Digital learning centre section you will find the following resources:
- Quick reference guides - practical guides to using Scout features and functionality.
- Scout in practice – a series of resources that use specific scenarios to demonstrate how to extract and analyse information purposefully from multiple data sources.
- Webinars – accessing and interpreting a range of specific Scout reports.